In the last month or so I've received several very nice emails from readers of this blog. Each one has made me blush and gush and I show them all to John. So that he'll, you know, see how much people like his wife. It has nothing at all to do with being competitive. Some of you nice folks have been telling me how funny I am. I love that. Some of you point out how inspirational you find my words, either with the running & soccer, or the large family, or the getting out of bed everyday doing my best not to mess it all up. I love that too.
Since this started to happen more frequently I've become obsessed with content. Content, content, content! Be funny! Be inspiring! Don't just say that you want to hump your TV or that you ate a whole cherry pie again. As much as I say that I'm good under pressure, I am so not. I've found that rather than post funny little anecdotes and sarcastic drivel, I'm posting nothing waiting for a grand idea to surface. I may as well sit in a corner and wait for Dave Navarro to come sweep me away, because that has a higher chance of happening.
As much as I joke about being a complete social dimwit a lot of the time, I think (I hope) that my friends find that to be one of my better qualities. That and my ability to laugh at myself. I know when I've just been an asshole and I can call myself on it. Then we can all laugh at my expense, like the attention-seeking, self-absorbed blogger I am! I think my constant talent for saying whatever floats to the top of my mind and getting my foot stuck in the mouth it came out of is sort of endearing. No?
So here you go. I'll just let it all fly for a minute;
- I bought the new Justin Timberlake CD yesterday. I've enjoyed driving around in my big ass Mommy SUV looking like someone trying to recapture my youth. You just can't help but rock out (yes, I said rock out) to his beats (yes, I said beats) and he's pretty freaking sweet to look at.
- Today my friend Moyra made fun of me for the way I write my grocery list. I classify each item I need based on where it is in the store. What's the big deal? Who doesn't do that?
- This afternoon, while rocking out to JT, I was picking my nose (Oh, don't say 'ew!'. You do it too. And if you say you don't you're lying) and I went over a bump. I had to pull over because of the amazing stinging pain I felt shoot up through my nose and into my brain.
- I am now the Vice President of Alex's nursery school and the parent chair of Meghan's dance team. (Did I even mention I have two kids on two dance teams now?) So I'm overextending myself just a wee bit, but my Mom never did this stuff for me and I wanted that desperately. I'm sure my kids will look back on it fondly and not as though I'm living vicariously through them.
- My Mom just booked a trip to Cuba and my sister just bought a new plasma TV. I'm avoiding their calls because I'm jealous. My Mom is gong to the Cuba 3 months before we go to the Dominican and John won't let me get a new TV. I know, boofuckinghoo, but our TV is so old that in order to use our Gamecube we have to unhook the PVR from the back. The saddest part is that it's only 6 years old.
There you go. I feel lighter and refreshed (and a little bit dirty after the Dave Navarro comment. In a good way.)