Here's where she gets me:
"Too much niceness in others tends to bring out adverse reactions in this Schmutzie. Something about sweetness lined with naïveté makes me want to turn into a shin-kicking, hair-pulling schoolyard bully. I don't, of course, because I recognize that no matter how nauseasly saccharine I find a the-glass-is-completely-full view of the world, I recognize the beauty hiding in the idealism, and it is alluring."
... and she hooked me.
So, I'm going to climb on this bandwagon and ride it for as many of the next 365 days as I can. Join me?
- Alex and his friend Perry having the most adorable conversation about what 100+100 should be (one says 250, the other says 5,000).
- My hair. I've got great hair.
- A fridge full of amazing fresh vegetables and fruit to keep my stomach happy.
- That, thanks to our new electric heaters our oil bill has been cut by hundreds of dollars.
- Kristyn. Just her in general, but for another reason too. Did I tell you she can babysit? And she loves it!